Saturday, May 22, 2010

Third Trimester & Signs of Personality

I know, I know, I'm not the best blogger in the world. However, when you get paid to write all day, the charm wears off a bit. But, I thought I would contribute something in honor of the beginning of my third trimester. Yep, that's right, Cletus will be here in about 3 months or so!

Now that Cletus is big enough to make him/herself noticed (probably about 2-2.5 pounds by now), I am starting to detect a few things about him/her:
  1. He/she is spunky. I've read in my pregnancy books about "kick counts" -- a way to monitor the baby's activity by counting how long it takes to get to say 10 kicks. Well, the books say you should feel 10 kicks before 2 hours is up (when the fetus is awake). It takes Cletus approximately 15-20 minutes to get to 10 kicks, on average. The other night I think I felt 30-40 kicks in a 20-minute period. There is also lots of rolling and something that feels like somersaults going on in there. I think we might be in for a wild ride.
  2. He/she likes to eat. The above behavior is usually instigated by me having a meal or a snack. Or me trying to go to sleep.
It's good to know that all is well in there. Looking forward to meeting him/her.

Oh, and by the way, when Dave writes about "us" or "we" going wine-tasting or beer drinking, he really is talking about himself or his friends. I'm usually the designated driver. Not that I'm bitter or anything . . .

6 comments:

  1. how much would it cost to keep the baby name as "Cletus"? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm afraid that we may have created a problem. What if he/she arrives and responds to "Cletus"? Or I slip up and start calling him/her "Cletus." Could be worse -- I'm guessing there are no other little Cletuses on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cletus could remain as an endearing nickname for a while. And it's not that bad, relatively. My brother-in-law briefly called my sister's fetus "Frodo."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good news is that you're managing expectations on the real name--I doubt anyone will be overly judgmental!

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo.... sister-in-law here. Just found out about the blog. I've thoroughly enjoyed catching up!!!! Can't wait to see the belly in person here in a couple of weeks. Oh yeah.... can't wait to see you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post Ginny! I can remember somersaults in the belly, what weird feeling!
    Can't wait to see y'all next weekend!

    ReplyDelete