Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthing Ale ready and waiting

One of the last, and really most integral, pieces of this whole baby preparation exercise is now fully ready to go...the birthing ale. Brewed back in June, it's been aged and dry-hopped and is now cooled and carbonated and just sitting in the kegerator waiting to be consumed. The plan is that it shall remain unperturbed until Ginny takes the first sip, post birth, of course.

Pretty soon, we'll have two exciting new things to visit in the house, Baby Stobbster and a nice refreshing pint of Hoppy Mama IPA!


So I wonder if the hospital folks would notice if I wheeled a 5 gallon keg of beer into the delivery room? Maybe I can hide it in the birthing ball?

3 comments:

  1. What the hell is a birthing ball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a big exercise ball. The idea is to stay moving and let gravity do some of the work . . . and maybe distract you a little from what's going on. We'll see how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Sounds like y'all are all ready to go!!
    The due date is fast approaching and I can't wait to hear the news!!!!!!!! Abby and Emma asked the other day "is the new baby out of Aunt Ginny's tummy yet?" They are just as excited to see their new cousin!!

    ReplyDelete